Splunk Managed Services
A multi-billion dollar NASDAQ-listed hi-tech company had purchased a large Splunk license to monitor their infrastructure, applications, and security. Despite having it deployed with the help of Splunk’s Professional Services with the right architecture, Day 2 operations were a huge challenge. There were frequent outages and as a result Splunk was not being able to provide the consistent Operational Intelligence as intended.
When the organization approached Crest Data Systems for providing Day 2 Support in monitoring & administrating their Splunk infrastructure, the entire Splunk infrastructure had been down for almost an entire week after upgrade to Splunk Enterprise 6.3.
After Crest Data Systems took responsibility of maintaining their entire Splunk infrastructure, following changes were made to ensure a stable infrastructure with consistent reliable data:
- Setup change management process in place
- Created Knowledge Base for the client so that information is captured in a searchable format
- Provided basic training to Splunk users within the IT organization on how to get basic things done
- Integrated Splunk with ServiceNow and Zenoss to ensure that tickets are created from Splunk Alerts
- Migrated Splunk Login to Active Directory for SSO
- Created custom visualization dashboards for various Splunk users as per their need
- Optimized search queries to improve Splunk performance by a factor of 5X
- Configure multiple applications including Enterprise Security, NetApp ONTAP, DNS Analytics, FireEye, Bit9, Splunk SOS, etc.
Download the case study for detailed information on the Splunk managed services provided by Crest.