Splunk Professional Services
With $100B+ revenue from 7,000+ retail stores across 13 countries, this retail giant was in dire need of reducing operational costs and gaining business insights to achieve competitive advantage over local and online retailers. Despite deploying Splunk, IT troubleshooting was ad hoc, inefficient, and time-consuming. Having had a bad experience with their on-premise Splunk Enterprise, first challenge was to migrate the teams to AWS. Other monumental challenge was education and onboarding 125+ internal teams.
When the organization approached Crest Data Systems for providing Day 2 Support in monitoring & administrating their Splunk infrastructure, the entire Splunk infrastructure had been down for almost an entire week after upgrade to Splunk Enterprise 6.3.
Two Consultants from Crest worked with 50+ teams in the first 90 days to help address several critical issues:
- Reduce the AWS footprint used by Splunk
- Implemented change management process and DevOps methodologies
- 7X improvement in dashboard performance by fine-tuning search queries
- Optimized Splunk indexing performance
- Onboarded data from 800+ data sources including Web Servers, Payment Gateways, AWS, Enterprise Applications, DB inputs
- Wrote self-monitoring self-healing Automation for Splunk deployment
Download the case study for detailed information on the Splunk professional services provided by Crest.